Packing your luggage can be such a hassle! I still ask myself the big questions: What do I bring? How much clothes and shoes and bags do I need? But I have learned from the past, and I have some tips to share with you! Have you ever thought about the following things when packing your suitcase?
This list starts with a list
- Make a list. And remember, less is more. Try to bring items that you can mix and match. One pair of pants and one skirt that go with that one perfect top for example. Divide that list into categories, for example: clothes and shoes, toiletries, handluggage items, miscellaneous.
Packing your luggage
- Packing cubes. These things have literally changed my packing and unpacking days. Now my suitcase is tidy and organised and I can easily find everything I’m looking for. Without having to rummage through everything and having my suitcase look like a disaster just struck. Just google packing cubes and get yours today.
- Roll up your clothes instead of folding them. This way you can fit even more clothes in your packing cubes and they will wrinkle less.
- Do you know those bike saddle covers that some companies use for advertising? Or am I being ridiculously Dutch now? Use them to pack your shoes so the soles won’t get into contact with anything else in your suitcase. You can also use showercaps, so be sure to take them from your complementary hotelkit next time.
- Get a luggage scale. You’ll never accidentaly exceed the weight limit for luggage again!
Money, money, money
- If you happen to have multiple bankaccounts, always keep the extra credit- or debitcard(s) somewhere outside of your wallet in case your wallet gets stolen. I always keep an extra debitcard in my suitcase. This way you will at least be able to get to some money in an emergency.
Looking at your luggage
- Make sure your carry-on luggage stands out. Cover your suitcase with stickers or ribbons so you can easily distinguish it from all the other generic blue, pink or red coloured suitcases when you pick up your luggage from the belt.
- Take a picture of your suitcase before checking in. If they do lose your luggage, you can easily show which suitcase is missing and that it is in fact yours.
Hope this is helpful. Do you have any more packing tips for me that I haven’t mentioned? Please share them in the comments or on Facebook. I’d love to hear from you! Safe travels!